2014 DUG East Conference
See below for the 2014 conference agenda. To download a presentation, click the speaker's name and enter the username and password you received via email following the event. Your log-in credentials are only applicable to this conference and may only be used by registered attendees.
June 4, 2014
Opening Keynote: Marcellus Growth Story
Range Resources is growing on all fronts—production, reserves and cash flow are all increasing strongly. The company continues to improve well deliverability and ultimate recoveries in the Marcellus. From its seminal role in discovering the Marcellus play to its pioneering efforts in developing fresh markets for this Marcellus gas and liquids, this leading operator has shown others the way forward.
- Jeffrey Ventura, President and CEO, Range Resources
Panel: Reservoirs, Rigs & Results — Who, What & Where
Here's a look at well performances, type curves and ultimate recoveries across the dry gas, wet gas and condensate windows of the great Appalachian plays. Gain insights on rig counts, well counts and activities by county and company.
- D. Randall Wright, President, Wright & Co. Inc.
- Michael Warren, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Hart Energy Research & Consulting
- Samuel Gorgen, Operations Research Analyst, Office of Petroleum, Natural Gas & Biofuels Analysis, U.S. Energy Information Administration
Operator Spotlight: Marcellus Volumes Up; Utica In The Starting Block
CONSOL Energy has been growing Marcellus production at a heady clip. Additionally, the company holds some 11,000 net acres in Ohio's Monroe County. Hear from this premier operator on its plans to develop both the Marcellus and Utica.
- Tim Dugan, Chief Operating Officer, E&P, CONSOL Energy Inc.
Special Address From The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
New and complex issues are arising in U.S. energy, and the federal government has enormous say over many aspects of this transition. As the nation's natural gas infrastructure is realigned to accommodate the new supplies coming from the inland resource plays, and as interest in exports of LNG grow, learn the FERC's positions on these topics.
- Commissioner Tony Clark, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
Roundtable: Changing Public Perceptions Of The Industry
Join these experts as they share their views on the status of regulations and social and environmental concerns in the Marcellus and Utica plays. What is the public perception of the industry and how can it be changed for the better? How can regulators help and not hinder growth of these plays?
- Susan Packard LeGros, Executive Director, Center for Sustainable Shale Development — Presentation not available
- Andrew Browning, Executive Vice President, Consumer Energy Alliance — Presentation not available
- Matthew W. Henderson, Shale Gas Asset Manager, Community & Economic Development, Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research — Presentation not available
Networking Luncheon & Keynote Speaker
23rd Secretary of Defense and former CIA Director, Leon Panetta, will be this year's luncheon keynote. DUG East conference attendees will hear rare firsthand accounts of his White House experiences.
- Leon Panetta, 23rd Secretary of Defense and former Director, CIA — Presentation not available
Operator Spotlight: A West Virginia Story
Stone Energy holds 90,000 acres in Appalachia, and currently produces 100 MMcfepd from the liquids-rich Marcellus. Since 2010, it has enjoyed steady production growth in its Mary and Heather fields in northern West Virginia; next up it plans to explore the Utica potential on its Mary leasehold.
- David Welch, Chairman, President & CEO Stone Energy — Presentation not available
Roundtable: Drilling & Completion Technology
The latest trends in drilling and completions in the Marcellus and Utica plays are discussed by this roundtable of experts. What strategies are operators employing to lower drilling days and boost IP rates across the plays? How are frac designs evolving? What is the latest thinking on well spacing? Also, how does well pad automation increase profitability?
- Robert Fulks, Director Strategic Marketing – Pressure Pumping; Director Unconventional Resource Team (URT), Weatherford — Presentation not available
- Jonathan Floyd, Drilling Operations Manager, Marcellus, Anadarko Petroleum Corp. — Presentation not available
- Iain McIntosh, Vice President, Central Geomarket, Baker Hughes — Presentation not available
- Casey McDonough, Director of Drilling, Rex Energy — Presentation not available
Operator Spotlight: Utica Gas & Liquids
Gulfport Energy holds a huge position in the Utica's wet and dry gas windows. Learn from this leading operator how it continues to improve its economics as it pushes drilling to the east.
- Stuart Maier, Vice President, Geosciences, Gulfport Energy Corp — Presentation not available
Closing Keynote: Advancing In The Appalachian Basin
Rice Energy holds approximately 90,000 net acres in Appalachia, almost evenly split between the Marcellus and the Utica. It has completed 37 horizontal wells in the Marcellus and only began drilling in the Utica last year. Rice is now poised to grow rapidly after starting 2014 with the second-largest U.S. independent E&P IPO in history. Hear how the company has managed to straddle both shales and what its plans are for additional growth in the future.
- Daniel J. Rice IV, CEO, Rice Energy Inc.
June 5, 2014
Opening Keynote: Multiple Targets, Multiple Pads
Magnum Hunter is bringing on major new volumes of oil and gas from its pads in Ohio and West Virginia, which host both Marcellus and Utica producers. Learn the latest on how this operator is using the latest in pad drilling and completion techniques to boost its production and reserves.
- Gary Evans, Chairman and CEO, Magnum Hunter Resources
Operator Spotlight: Pure-Play West Virginia
This small but active company holds 65,000 gross acres in West Virginia's Marshall, Tyler and Marion counties. It has more than 100 drilling locations at the ready in the wet-gas window. Listen as it describes how it is generating outstanding IRRs.
- Stephen P. Lucado, Chairman, Trans Energy Inc.
Spotlight: A&D Bustle In Appalachia
Acreage is tightly held in the Utica and Marcellus plays, so M&A is gaining steam. Recent deals showcase the value of Appalachian leaseholds. Here's what has happened and what valuations look like going forward.
- Tim Rezvan, Senior Vice President, Energy Research, Sterne Agee
Midstream Spotlight: The Big Picture & New Projects In The Mix
Appalachia's midstream infrastructure is undergoing a massive realignment as the region grapples with stupendous new volumes of gas and liquids production. Here's an expert overview of the region, including details on some new and exciting ventures.
- Matt Sheehy, Vice President, Tallgrass Energy Partners — Presentation not available
Geology & Geophysics Spotlight: Reading The Rocks
Science can assist decision making; new technologies are opening new opportunities across the entire Oil Patch. Here's a look at what has been tried in the Appalachian Basin, how well it has worked, and what is on the horizon.
- Matt Weinreich, Team Lead, Geology & Geophysics, Marcellus Delivery Unit, Talisman Energy USA Inc. — Presentation not available
Export Spotlight: Sending Marcellus Gas To Global Markets
This leading LNG developer talks about its projects that will dramatically impact the development of world markets for Appalachian gas. Learn the latest on Cheniere Energy's Sabine Pass LNG terminal, where trains one through four are under construction, and its project to develop an LNG terminal near Corpus Christi.
- Corey Grindal, Vice President of Supply, Cheniere Energy — Presentation not available at this time
Closing Keynote: The Manufacturing Renaissance In The United States Northeast
Marcellus natural gas and its associated products have dramatically boosted supplies and dropped energy prices in the Northeast. This expert will quantify the importance of this safe, reliable, domestic energy source to this part of the country, and detail how it has spurred revitalization of local industries. He will also discuss the benefits that the production of oil and gas from resource plays is bringing to the entire nation.
- Christopher Guith, Senior Vice President, Institute for 21st Century Energy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce